SCLAVOS History, starts in 1948, when the company was established in Athens Greece by two genius partners, Spyros Sclavos and Evangelos Skepariotis.
The main business of the company, at the start, was parts manufacturing and repair works for textile machinery.
- In the decade of 50ties SCLAVOS started producing the first fabric dyeing winches.
- In the decade of 60ties SCLAVOS specialized in manufacturing stainless steel modern winches mainly for knitted fabrics.
- In the decade of 70ties and 80ties SCLAVOS developed their first low liquor ratio dyeing machines.
- By the mid 80ties SCLAVOS starts its first exports to Europe.
- By the end of 80ties exports are expanding gradually to the Americas and Asia.
- In 1990 SCLAVOS launched a unique dyeing system called “Twin Soft Flow” System with Plaiter and Excess Liquor by Pass, incorporated in Apollon machine.
- In 1995 SCLAVOS developed and launched a revolutionary continuous washing system under the name Aquachron, and which incorporated in the new Venus machine.
- In the decade of 2000 SCLAVOS developed further the above patented systems, which along with further newly developed unique systems were incorporated in a new series of machines by the name Athena series for dyeing of knits and terry towel fabrics. Athena model has had a tremendous success in more than 35 countries worldwide.
- Latest model of Athena series concept was launched at ITMA Barcelona in 2019 under the name Athena4. This new model offers a tremendous versatility for a big variety of fabrics along with extra low water and energy consumptions. Advanced automation makes the machine ready for Industry 4.0 integration.